Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 504

Hi everyone!  It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Karren and she's designed a slimline!  I love those!


I started with a slimline rectangle die then made a card base to accommodate it.  Initially I had a vague idea to stamp some leafy images - maybe even with a Christmas theme -  in the corners but when I started poking around some of my favorite challenge sites for inspiration I found lots that are in an autumn theme mood.  So I switched gears, grabbed a stencil, and inked it up in the corners using the colors from Just Us Girls.  I then went over it with some sparkly embossing glitter for a little pizzazz.  I didn't want to cover up the leaves entirely with a horizontal layer across the bottom as per the sketch so I used vellum.  Apologies if it's hard to see in the photo.  You'll have to believe me that it's there!  Then I added a slim horizontal layer in a yellow that is complementary to the ink and a sentiment die cut in black.  Easy peasy!


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some great cards to inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Crushed Curry, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); vellum (Graphix)
Ink:  Dried Marigold, Fossilized Amber, Candied Apple (Distress Oxide); Versamark
Accessories:  Tumbling Leaves stencil (Simon Says Stamp); The Big the Bold and You die (Winnie & Walter); Slim Diagonal Stitched Rectangle die (Pinkfresh Studio); clear sparkle embossing glitter (WOW)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

These stenciled leaves are gorgeous! I love the touch of sparkle. And I love the genius use of vellum. Beautifully done, Jen!

Nancy said...

I loved this card and then I zoomed in for a better look and also read that there was sparkle and boy is there! Such a great job with the sketch and colors Jen! I really love it! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls! Take care!

Linda Callahan said...

The stenciling was a great idea! Beautifully done! Very pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love your clean design, Jen this is pretty!

Judy Rozema said...

What a fabulous fall stencil! I know the sparkle looks amazing!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Jen! I love the stencilling and the fact that there's sparkle makes it even more fabulous!!! Love how elegant the card is!

Karren said...

Beautiful! You have such a knack for combining challenges. These stenciled leaves are gorgeous!

Jen Timko said...

I love the colors you chose and this pretty stencil is perfect for the slimline. Gorgeous!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an amazing stenciling job, Jen! I just love this beautiful and airy fall design.