Thursday, September 30, 2021

Fusion - Poppy Door

I knew instantly when I saw the challenge at Fusion what stamp set I wanted to use.  I was sure I had a poppy stamp in my stash but when I went looking for it with my other floral stamps I couldn't find it.  Oh no!  So then I started going through past blog posts to make sure I wasn't hallucinating about actually owning that stamp.  Once I confirmed that I had used it in the past I started going through all of my stash hoping that I had misfiled it.  Luckily that is just what happened!  Whew!




I created some Fusion this week because I combined the sketch with the inspiration photo.  I stamped the flowers in an aptly named poppy ink and their placement gave me a spot to add this lovely sentiment.  In a nod to the bricks in the inspiration photo I added a brick embossed background.

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out our Fusion challenge this week.  You can choose the sketch or the inspiration photo or make some fusion and combine the two!

Supplies
Stamps:  Poppy Field (Rubbernecker Stamps); Hope Blooms (Verve)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Whisper White, Garden Green (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Poppy Parade (Stampin' Up!); Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Bricked embossing folder (Tim Holtz)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You and I were on the same wave length this week! I love your bright poppies and the spatters! Pretty card!

Tristan said...

Perfect touch with those splatters around your poppies Jen.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous! I love the bright red on all of the fresh white brick!

Lisa Elton said...

What pretty poppies! Love the way the pop right off your card!

Greta said...

Love how you included the bricks by making a white embossed background for your beautiful poppies! Good thing you found that stamp--it's gorgeous!

Wanda Cullen said...

Love your subtle brick embossing! This is such a gorgeous CAS design!