Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 502

Hi everyone!  I took a little stamping hiatus from Freshly Made Sketches last week because I was embarked on an Extreme Makeover - Home Edition.  I had two weeks to paint three rooms, swap out two pendant light fixtures, and throw in a few oddball jobs-around-the house.   My stamping mojo was completely non-existent.  But I'm happy to say the paint is done, the lights are on, and I'm eager to get inky again.

To that end, our latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches comes to you from Jen Brum.  It's got fun layers and a banner, which I love, and I went pretty CAS on it.



I recently got a new turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th (and I'll take a moment of your time to gush about how much I love those)!  So I inked it up in the colors of the Sunday Stamps challenge.  I stamped the design twice then cut one layer to pop up over the other.  Then I went all bold and dramatic and added a slim black banner.  I love how that black banner looks against the colorful leaves!  I stamped a slim sentiment on top of the banner and *poof* I was done!


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have got some fabulous cards to inspire you to play along with us.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Harvest Wreath Turnabout (Concord & 9th); Tons of Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Sage Shadow (Stampin' Up!); Honey Drizzle, Orange Cream, Autumn Blaze (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Fishtail Flags STAX (My Favorite Things)

13 comments:

ElizStewart said...

Fabulous design...so love the card!

Carol L said...

Your work around the house must have been like a whirlwind to get it all done in 2 weeks! I can't even seem to get a sketch card posted before the challenge closes most of the time! LOL
This is a beauty of a card with those softly colored pastel leaves! The little pop of black is the perfect contrast to finish this great thank you card!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jen! I love those leaves and the beautiful fall colours! So glad you were able to get all of your jobs tackled last week! I need to find some stamping mojo this week!!

Lisa Elton said...

Are you for hire LOL! Sounds like a big job, but so worth it in the end. Your card is simply delightful Jen!

Amy O said...

I love this! The colors and the arrangement of the leaves are fabulous. Glad to hear your time "off" was productive! Whew - that was a lot to do!

Linda Callahan said...

Wow sounds like your "home work" went well! Bet it looks great! And the turn about stamped images are as sweet as can be! love how this turned out!

Stef Perry said...

Well done to accomplish all those home updates in two weeks AND make this gorgeous card! Love the stamping on both layers. Thanks for showcasing our challenge colors so beautifully Jen!

Heidi Baks said...

I love your foreground and background stamping, allowing for the sketch to subtly come through. The strip and sentiment set off the colors beautifully. Thank you for sharing on Sunday Stamps this week.

Cindy Beach said...

I came to admire your gorgeous card! Now I must also cheer your fabulous productivity! Your blog is always a special place, Jen!

Heather said...

This is really beautiful, Jen - what a fresh gorgeous take on our colors! Love all these leaves and stems - you've really made everything so bright! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Karren said...

Well done, you, for getting all that work done in two weeks! And your mojo has definitely returned because this card is gorgeous!

Judy Rozema said...

This is such a gorgeous card, Jen! The colors are beautiful and that turnabout stamp system is so cool!

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW! I am impressed with your home improvement skills! You have been busy! This card is gorgeous and I love your new turn about stamp set. So many beautiful leaves. So glad you joined us at Sunday Stamps!