Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 513

It's almost Thanksgiving day here in the United States and I'm celebrating by being on vacation and making a Christmas card for our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess is Jen Brum and her sketch is a classic one that you are going to love!




All of a sudden winter has arrived here in Massachusetts and I'm not ready.  😬 I've been spoiled by unseasonably warm weather this fall and then whammo - it's freezing outside!  The cold weather inspired another Christmas card and I went with a white poinsettia so that it would show up against the plaid background.  And in true fashion, once I had the card done, photographed, and ready to post I realized I forgot the sentiment.  I hate when I do that!  Apologies to Jen and her pretty sketch!

I'm also playing along with the latest Tic Tac Toe challenge where I'm using plaid, layers, and a die cut.



Thanks for stopping by!  And don't forget to check out Freshly Made Sketches for a great sketch and some design inspiration!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Cherry Cobbler, Gold Foil, Wrapped in Plaid DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box)

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your crisp poinsettia against the festive plaid background! Wonderful card, Jen. Happy Thanksgiving, enjoy your vacation!

LeAnne said...

Beautiful! Love the traditional colors in the plaid and that beautiful poinsettia! I am sure Jen will forgive you too! Thanks for sharing it with us at Tic Tac Toe this week!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is just beautiful Jen! That white poinsettia is so elegant and I love that plaid background! The perfect Christmas card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Beautiful Jen - The white poinsettia is stunning against the plaid background. I don't think the sentiment is missed - I'm sure Jen will forgive you! Wrap up warm - thanks for joining us over at Tic Tac Toe Challenge this week!

Vicky Hayes said...

We're having the same in the middle of England - beautifully mild in the autumnm no coat required and now suddenly winter has arrived just in time for Christmas preparations! Just love your gorgeous card Jen. The poinsettia really pops against the plaid and I love the touches of gold. Thank you for coming to play at The Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Vicky x

Linda Callahan said...

The white flower is fabulous with the plaid!

Karren said...

Beautiful white poinsettia and the background adds such a warm feel to this card. I hope your winter is not too long nor too cold.