Thursday, November 11, 2021

Fusion - Triangle Balls

It's a holiday here in the United States - Veteran's Day - where we honor those who have served in the armed services.  🇺🇸  My Dad was a very proud Marine and served in Korea during the conflict there.  Many years later he chose the same day to marry my Mom.  💕  I have great respect to those who make the courageous decision to serve their country. 

And today we also have a new challenge for you at Fusion.  The challenge prompt is about Christmas and I chose to use the colors from the photo and I took a little poetic license with the sketch.




I flipped the sketch and using the triangle theme from the inspiration photo used triangle Christmas trees on my card instead of circles.  And I also crowded them into one corner of the card rather than spreading them out per the sketch.  The "merry" dotted die cut is meant to mimic the thin layer on the sketch.  I wasn't kidding when I said I took some poetic license with the sketch too!

I'm also playing along with the challenge at Just Us Girls, where the challenge is the word prompt "Merry!"  Fun!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can join us at Fusion - use the sketch or the inspiration or both!  Our design team will give you lots of inspiration so check us out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Triangle Trees (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Whisper White, Blue Bayou (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nimbus (Altenew); Versamark
Accessories:  Merry Dots die (Poppystamps); Cherry Cobbler embossing powder (Stampin' Up!); Clear Sparkle embossing powder (WOW!); clear embossing powder

4 comments:

Nancy said...

Awesome card, Jen and you did a great job with the Fusion challenge too! Love the dotted greeting! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls for Word Week! Take care!

Lisa Elton said...

I like your modern trees! This is terrific, Jen! Thanks to your dad for his service ;)

Linda Callahan said...

I love how modern and "edgy" this is! Beautiful!

Tristan said...

Such an awesome contemporary Christmas card - love the 'license' with the sketch.