Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 510

Hi everyone!  We've got a new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches and I am the hostess!  Woo Hoo!  I went with a traditional design with lots of room for layers.  Sometimes I like to make a card with layers - there's something about the weight and heft of a card with layers that pleases me. 😊



I went with a Christmas design, using up some old Stampin' Up! designer paper that's been in my stash forever plus a layered snowflake and a simple slim sentiment.  I made this card on Sunday so I was pleased to see that, quite by coincidence, the colors, the poinsettia elements, and the Christmas theme are also on tap for the challenge at Global Design Project (which doesn't go live until Monday).  Somehow I was channelling their challenge before I even knew about it!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that you will play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!  And special thanks to my FMS teamies who have totally rocked this sketch and who will certainly inspire you to play along!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Always Artichoke, Cherry Cobbler, vellum, Deck the Halls DSP (Stampin' Up!); glitter paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Stitched Mini Scallop Rectangle die (My Favorite Things); Snowflake Trio die (amuse.studio); Lindemon Snowflake die (Memory Box)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

And what lovely layers you've put together! This is fabulous, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

I love all the layers on this - beautiful holiday card! Thanks for the great sketch this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is a beautiful card Jen! I love that gorgeous snowflake! Looks so pretty with the vellum and DSP! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch and stunning design, Jen! Love the layered snowflakes in red & gold.

Jen Timko said...

A great sketch for this snowflake and wow! What a snowflake. I love that paper in the background too. It adds so much depth. Absolutely gorgeous!

Karren said...

Your patterned papers all work so beautifully together and you have made a card that "feels" warm and cosy! Thanks for a great sketch!