Wednesday, September 28, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 555

Hi all!  This week at Freshly Made Sketches our hostess Narelle has given us a terrific sketch.  I chose to make a Halloween card with it.  Take a look.



I made a little night scene with a big harvest moon against a dark background.  Then I added these cute birds on a wire across the moon.  Now, what I don't want you to question is why my little bandit birds are sitting on a wire that is floating in mid-air!  When I was putting this card together I was so focused on the sketch that I apparently forgot the laws of gravity!  I still think it's cute (but I think I'll draw in the wire on the left and right to make it a little more plausible).

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some fabulous cards to show you to inspire you to play along with our sketch.  I hope you'll check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Ghouls & Goblins (Inkadinkado)
Paper:  Bristol Smooth
Ink:  Peacock Feathers, Chipped Sapphire, Fossilized Amber, Spiced Amber, Wild Honey, Black Soot (Tim Holtz Distress Oxide); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

6 comments:

Amy O said...

I love your cute little jail birds! I didn't even blink an eye over the wire. It looks like you're showing just a part of a scene. A fun card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh I totally love those jail birds! They're too cute! Love that background too! I think I need some blending lessons from you! That night scene is amazing!

Jen Timko said...

These guys are so fun! Since they are Halloween, they are just hovering spookily... ;-)

Linda Callahan said...

OMG I love the bird bandits~

Karren said...

Love how you've used the sketch on this card and honestly, I wouldn't even have noticed the wire didn't stretch across the card until you mentioned it! Fabulous background!

Cécile RIBON said...

What an awesome Halloween card! I'm totally in love with those fun birds. They look so mischievous.