Thursday, September 15, 2022

Fusion - Front Porch

Hi all.  I don't know where my brain is lately because not only did I forget to schedule this post for Thursday morning, but I also forgot to upload a picture of my card on the Fusion  DT blog.  😕  Here is my card, all the same.



I opted to go for the sketch this week and made a Christmas card.  But in a nod to the inspiration photo I used a brick embossing folder for the background.  The right side of the card is a long vertical layer in shimmery white, which is pretty in real life, but difficult to see in the photo.  I added one of my favorite poinsettia die cuts with a bit of gold cord behind it.  A couple of layered pieces of ribbon became the flag on the top of the sketch.  I was undecided about where and what I wanted the sentiment to be so I left it off for now.

Thanks for stopping by!  Remember, at Fusion you can play with the sketch, the inspiration photo, or combine them both!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Shimmery White, Poppy Parade, Mossy Meadow, Gold Foil (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Poinsettia die (Paper Smooches); Bricked embossing folder, Tiny Attacher (Tim Holtz); gold cord, gingham ribbon (Stampin' Up!); white seam binding ribbon

2 comments:

Karren said...

This is gorgeous, Jen, and a wonderful take on the sketch. Love the brickwork! PS: I've added this to the challenge blog :)

Tristan said...

Fab Christmas card Jen. Love how that poinsettia pops off your embossed wall.