Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 602

So, the Monday holiday here in the US got me all messed up.  I woke up this morning thinking that it was Tuesday.  I was going to do this blog post when I got home from work - plenty of time before the Freshly Made Sketches post went live on Wednesday.  But after puttering around the kitchen getting ready for work I realized it was actually Wednesday!  So I'm a bit late with this post!



Kim is our hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches and she's given us a fun sketch.  I didn't immediately think of a tag for that layer on the top half of the card, but once I saw the AAA Cards Challenge I realized a tag would work really well.  I used some bright washi tape on the tag and completed the decoration with a colorful sunflower.



Thanks for stopping by!  We've got some great inspiration for you at Freshly Made Sketches so I hope you check us out and join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tons of Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Tag Sale #5 die (Papertrey Ink); Sunflower die (My Favorite Things); Stitched Leaves die (My Creative Time); washi tape (Stampin' Up!); crochet thread

12 comments:

Kim S said...

It's SO pretty! The tag was a perfect idea! I love all of it - the big sunflower, the bit of gingham and the soft background.

sentsue said...

Such a bright sunny tag! Thanks so much for sharing your work on the AAA Cards Challenge.

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute take on the sketch, Jen! Love your cheerful tag!

Jen Timko said...

This is a fabulous interpretation of the sketch. Wish I had thought of it! Love this one.

Ida said...

Your sweet tag card is so cheerful and fun.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the tag, Jen! The yellow gingham is just perfect with the bright, fresh sunflower.

Jen Brum said...

This card is just such a happy card! That sunflower is beautiful and I love that you've made a tag for the panel! So pretty!

Karren said...

A tag is a genius way to use the sketch! It gives such a different look but the sketch is still totally recognisable. Fabulous card!

Linda Callahan said...

The tag was a great idea! Love the sunflower!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is completely stunning! That flower is a stunner!

Cécile RIBON said...

Lovely card, Jen. The use of a tag for the upper part of of sketch is so clever .

Jane.D said...

What a lovely card! Love the tag with the beautiful sunflower, so happy and sunny! Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards, hope you'll join us again. Take care, keep crafting and have fun!