Thursday, September 28, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 605

It took me a bit longer than I wanted, but I finally got my Freshly Made Sketches card done!  Special thanks to my Freshly Made Sketches teammates for putting up with my delays!  Our hostess and sketch designer this week is Karren and her sketch immediately put me in mind of a Christmas card with one of my go-to design elements:  a poinsettia.  We are also joined this week by Cindy Beach - one of our 600th sketch celebration winners.




The circle on the sketch became a poinsettia framed with a circular die cut of tiny dots.  Once that design element was done the trouble started.  I wanted to use white ribbon for the horizontal layer so I started rummaging through my extensive ribbon stash for white ribbon.  I came up empty!  I must have used it all up!  Then, by some miracle, I found a small scrap of white satin ribbon hiding under the eight million rolls of other ribbon that I've got....and it was the perfect length!  It became my horizontal layer and I put a sparkly die-cut sentiment on top of it!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you check out my fellow Freshly Made Sketches design teammates cards, because they will inspire you for sure to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Solar White (Neenah); Champagne Glimmer (Stampin' Up!);velour paper (Hygloss)
Accessories:  Circles die (Little B); Blooming Poinsettias die, Peace Jotted Script die (Memory Box); satin ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

This was worth the wait, Jen! Just beautiful! Clean and stunning should be a category for this card!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with that beautiful poinsettia. I love how you framed it with the pierced dots. I know what you mean about searching through your extensive stash of ribbon - me too. I am glad you found the exact piece you needed to place the lovely "peach" gold die cut.

JoAnn said...

Whoops, I meant "peace" gold die cut.

Judy Rozema said...

That glimmer paper really sparkles! What a stunning card!

Jen Brum said...

This card is so gorgeous Jen! I love that poinsettia! The sparkly sentiment is the perfect accent!

Lisa Elton said...

It was worth the wait, Jen it's pretty!

Karren said...

My first plan for the sketch was a big poinsettia but it didn't look as great as this card, so I'm glad I ditched it. This is fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty card - perfectly framed flower!~

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is one amazing and super elegant festive card!