Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches #606

It's Wednesday so that means we've got a new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Narelle.  She's given us a fun sketch with three circles (three of anything is my fave 😂 - just kidding).  But I'm always up for a challenge!  We're also joined this week by another guest designer from our 600th challenge-palooza - Claire!



This was the second card I made for this challenge.  The first one had pretty flowers but they were from a stencil and were too far apart to be believable for the sketch so I had to do some re-thinking.  I thought it would be a fun interpretation of the sketch to use chunky letters that spelled out "JOY" so that's what I did.  I cut them from gold foil and layered them on top of some holiday-themed patterned paper.  I thought the patterned paper was a bit too bright for the look I wanted, so I added a vellum layer over it to soften it up a bit.

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the inspiration from the Freshly Made Sketches design team!

Supplies
Stamps:  Peace Love Joy (Right at Home)
Paper:  Pretty Peacock, Gold Foil (Stampin' Up!); Vellum (Graphix); Snow Village (Pink Paislee)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Joy die (Pinkfresh Studio)

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific card, Jen!

Claire said...

Clever idea to use letters Jen - love how you've softened that pattern too. I've lost count of the number of times I've stamped a background pattern and never known what to do with it as it's too busy! Might just have to CASE this!

Amy O said...

I love the pretty floral background, and the three letters were a great way to use the sketch. Fabulous card, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Clever girl using the letters as elements of the sketch! Pretty holiday card!

Jen Timko said...

Now wasn't that a brilliant idea?!! I love the word for the sketch. The vellum layer really keeps the focus front and center too.

Jen Brum said...

Another fantastic Christmas card my friend! I just love those big gold letters! Love that vellum overlay! So pretty! You'll be done your Christmas cards in no time!

Karren said...

Genius idea to use these letters for the circle elements! It all looks so natural. Fab card!

Cécile RIBON said...

Such an awesome CAS Christmas cars! The use of the letters for the circles is just brilliant!

Kim S said...

This is so wonderfully creative!!