Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 609

At Freshly Made Sketches this week our sketch is designed by Judy and we are joined by a new guest designer, Donna Mikasa, who was one of our 600th sketch challenge winners!  Check out the fun sketch!



The proportions of my card is a little off from the sketch 😬 but this card was born out of the scrap heap!  I had this panel with the pinecones hanging around on my desk for a while.  I had made it for a card that ended up not being made (!) and thought it might work nicely for this sketch.  I wanted the background to be bold so I used a dark indigo for the card base and layered on some nice tartan paper too.  There are lots of gold accents too!

Thanks for stopping by!  Of course, the Freshly Made Sketches design team has some fabbo cards to share with you, so I hope you check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Stained Glass Greetings (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink); Gold Foil, Whisper White, Wrapped in Plaid DSP, Champagne Glimmer (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Dark Indigo (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Classic Pine stencil (Altenew); Peace Jotted Script die (Memory Box)

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those pine cones were meant to be used, this is lovely!

donna mikasa said...

Great use of your scraps, Jen! Those pine cones were just waiting for this sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

"Born out of the scrap heap" could be one of my favorite phrases ever! lolol And the results are gorgeous!

Jen Timko said...

Those pinecones were just waiting for the perfect card! I love that you used all the things you had around.

Karren said...

Your scrap heap card looks amazing! That pinecone panel is fabulous!

Judy Rozema said...

Oooh! A fun find in the pinecones, waiting for their day! I love this card!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous background! I'm glad you rescued it from the scrap heap. And such a perfect sentiment for it!