Thursday, October 24, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 345

Our newest sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch was incredibly CAS.  Even though I'm all about CAS, it still gave me a bit of trouble!  I was able to pick out a sentiment that I wanted to use right away but I was left with a lot of blank space that troubled me because it seemed too blank.  I pondered how to fill it without compromising the simplicity of the sketch.



I ended up using a stamp set that had three kings - those magi - and I stamped them subtly using Versamark ink.  I then embossed them with matte clear embossing powder so that they would apppear in the background but not overpower the sentiment.  It's an interesting look and I'm pleased with how it looks in real life.  I did manage to squeak in another challenge because at CAS on Friday they are looking for a big sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow teammates at CAS(E) This Sketch have really out-done themselves with this sketch so be sure to check them out.  We hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Three Kings (Penny Black)
Paper:  Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Versamark; Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  clear matte embossing powder

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

I love the subtle effect you achieved! What a beautiful Christmas card!!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a clever way to maintain a CAS design, Jen! I'll bet it looks amazing in person, too! Stunning Christmas card!

Nora Noll said...

This is AMAZING!!! Love the lightly stamped image!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautifully done Jen, this is wonderful!

Kim S said...

This is stunning!