Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 409!

Hello everyone!  It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week so that means I get to be extra nervous!  As I have found over the years it's one thing to design a sketch that people will like but it's another thing entirely to design a sketch that doesn't stump me!


I don't design my sketches with a particular card in mind so it's always a fun journey when it's time to make a card with that sketch.  This time around I was completely undecided about what I wanted to do but I had a vague idea about incorporating vellum.  So I opted for a Christmas card and a simple color scheme.  The kraft background shows off the vellum perfectly and I added some winter flowers that were embossed in white on vellum.  The placement of my florals seemed a bit off so I added a couple of enamel dots in bright red to balance things out.

Thanks for stopping by.  My Freshly Made Sketches design teammates have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Winter Flowers, Fa La La (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Desert Storm, Naturals White (Neenah); Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink); Versamark
Accessories:  white embossing powder; enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card with the vellum die cuts and kraft background. I like how you added the two red enamel dots to balance things out.

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, I think by now you must know just how to tick my boxes - this card does it for me!!!! What a gorgeous sight in vellum! I have that SSS set out to make a few cards - don't be surprised if it comes to your gallery as a total CASE- maybe in grey? ohh la la! xx
=]

Linda Callahan said...

I love your square sketches.....and your card is fabulous! That vellum flower is gorgeous! Beautifully done!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen, this card is just gorgeous I love the embossed vellum! It is so elegant and that pop of red is perfect! Thanks for an amazing sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't stamped on vellum in a while...you've inspired me to do so with this pretty card!

Nora Noll said...

This is simply breathtaking!! I LOVE the embossed vellum. GORGEOUS card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Lovely, elegant design, Jen!