Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 408

I was so excited when I saw the new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  I had been anxious for an excuse to use this plaid paper that I got a while back and the big rectangle on the sketch was perfect for it.  Our hostess this week is Jen Timko and I think that maybe she read my mind when she designed this sketch!



As luck would have it the challenge at Addicted to CAS is all about plaid and at The Paper Players they are looking for a LOUD sentiment.  So I combined both of those elements with this great sketch and came out with a Christmas card!


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made beautiful card with this sketch so be sure to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joy Stamp (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink); glimmer paper (Recollections); Wrapped in Plaid (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Joy die (The Stamp Market)

13 comments:

LeAnne said...

GREAT take on this sketch and a perfectly plaid way to fulfill those challenges too! LOVE the colors! Thanks for playing with my challenge, too!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep plaid fills me with joy too! Beautiful holiday card!

Jen Brum said...

Jen, this is like the perfect Christmas card! I just love it! That plaid paper with the gold sentiment...so beautiful! Just love it!

Lisa Elton said...

Great use of your pretty plaid paper Jen, this is terrific!

Macimbalo said...

Great use of pretty plaid! Love it! Thanks for sharing at ATCAS!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the sparkly sentiment with that wonderful plaid - a great traditional CAS Christmas card Jen. Thanks for sharing with our loud sentiment CAS challenge over at the Paper Players this week!

Amy O said...

I'm not sure which is prettier -- the gorgeous plaid paper or that beautiful giant sentiment of joy. Either way, they combine for one festive card.

Kim S said...

I love the glittery gold sentiment on the classic plaid!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a gorgeous Christmas plaid, Jen! I love the thin gold lines that pair perfectly with your gold embossed sentiment! Stunning card...Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

laurie said...

Love the plaid and your big bold sentiment! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Jen, I love the bold plaid and that wonderful sentiment - they have such a richness together. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS and the Paper Players again this week
Jaydee

Jen Timko said...

Totally read your mind...or you read mine! I'm obsessed with plaid lately and this is perfect! That sentiment is icing on the cake.

Raga Senthil said...

Great use of plaid paper! Beautiful card! Love it. Thanks for playing along with us at ATCAS challenge