Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 418

Hey there!  It's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Jacquie and her big curved layer leaves lots of room for interpretation.  I chose to go in a super CAS direction.



I did a little post-Christmas crafty shopping recently and picked up this great leafy stamp set from Altenew so I was anxious to ink it up.  That big curved layer on the sketch gave me lots of room to put down some of the images.  I chose a gray and some greens then added a simple sentiment.  Both the curved layer and the sentiment are popped up on foam tape to create some dimension which, happily, allowed me to play along with the latest challenge at Just Us Girls.


Thanks for stopping by!  As usual my amazing teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have created cards that will absolutely inspire you to play along with us.  So I hope you do!

Supplies
Stamps:  Leaf Clusters (Altenew); Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Silver Stone, Forest Glades, Evergreen, Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Stitched Basic Edges die (My Favorite Things)

13 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I absolutely adore this. It's such a simple design that really packs a punch. I love the look!

I Card Everyone said...

Holy wow, batgirl!!! You know I love every bit of this leafy gorgeousness!!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love how light and airy this is Jen, fabulous card!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful leaves.......light and fresh!

A.Rose said...

Absolute CAS perfection!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just fabulous Jen! I just love those leaves! The colours stand out so nicely against that gorgeous white background! So pretty!

Being Mrs Miles said...

Goodness Jen,

So much space and gentle shades for your leaves. Your card is so soothing.

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh dear, I think I might need this lovely, leafy stamp. Beautiful card, Jan!

Jacquie Southas said...

Oh dear, I think I might need this lovely, leafy stamp. Beautiful card, Jan!

Notes by Nina said...

Stunning card Jen, I love the soft colours.

Kim S said...

I actually had those same stamps out for this challenge!! I love what you did with them - my arrangements weren't quite working as well as yours!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous stamping job! I love how you layered these delicate leaves using various shades. The effect is so airy!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This card! It is amazing, so simple. So CAS, but totally packs a punch.