Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 420

It's time for a new sketch from your friends at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our challenge is brought to you by Jen Timko.  I had a lot of ideas in my head for this sketch!


I ended up choosing a watercolor-y stamp done in blue to create the background (that's my circle) then added a butterfly and a simple sentiment strip to finish my card.  My design is simple and I love it!  The colors were inspired by the challenge at Sunday Stamps and the butterfly was inspired by the challenge at Just Us Girls.


Thanks for stopping by!  There's lots of inspiration for you from our design team at Freshly Made Sketches so be sure to stop on by.  I'm sure you'll want to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Watercolor Background (Marianne Design); Painted Butterflies (Altenew); Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); White (Catherine Pooler)
Ink:  Caribbean Sky, Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Painted Butterflies die (Altenew)

9 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

This is such a neat take on the sketch. I love that you used a watercolored background for the circle!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Jen, this is beautiful!!

Heather said...

So beautiful, Jen - love that graceful sweep of wings in our pretty colors! Gorgeous coloring! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! What a fabulous card, Jen! I totally love this sketchy butterfly and the airy background. I'm so glad you joined us at Just Us Girls this week.

Linda Callahan said...

Airy....light...and oh so sweet! I love that butterfly!

Heidi Baks said...

Another beautiful CAS card - expertly done! I love that subtle watercolor background look. That's a stamp? Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Jen Brum said...

What a gorgeous card Jen! I just love the background and that sweet butterfly! Such a cheery, springy card!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is gorgeous! I love the background and the beautiful butterfly! CAS perfection! So happy you joined us at Sunday Stamps! XX

Kim S said...

So soft and absolutely lovely!