Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 426

Hello!  We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Karren and her sketch is perfect for any design you can think up.



I chose the colors at Color My Heart Color Dare and the "anything with wings" challenge at Allsorts to complement the sketch.  On my card the circle made a perfect butterfly that I made with a die cut using some patterned paper and a complementary solid color paper. 


The sentiment that I used is an old Stampin' Up! one that I've had for ages which brings up an interesting point.  Lately when I've been making my cards I've been digging through my extensive inventory of supplies for ideas and inspiration.  It's amazing the things I've got in there that have been neglected for years!  And what I've discovered is that I've got a whole lot of supplies that are perfectly good.  So I'm on an unofficial mission to show those supplies some love.

Thanks for stopping by.  My teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have got some great cards to inspire you to play along with us, so I hope you do!

Supplies
Stamps:  Pocket Silhouettes (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Poppy Parade, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Vivienne Butterfly die, Darla Butterfly die (Memory Box); enamel dew drops (Freckled Fawn)

15 comments:

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the butterfly with the pattern paper and solid to match. TFS

Amy O said...

Gorgeous! I love the layered butterfly and the patterned papers. Keep showing those old sets the love.

Nora Noll said...

I LOVE the gray pattern on this card!! That red butterfly just POPS off!!

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful card Jen! I like your delicate layered butterfly!

Linda Callahan said...

The layered butterfly is wonderful! Pretty card! And I have plenty of uninked stamps myself!

brenda said...

It's a beautifully elegant CAS creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Wings' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What an elegant beauty.

Jen Brum said...

What a great card Jen! I just love that butterly! It's so delicate! Love all of that white in the background as well!!! Makes me "clean" heart happy!!

Ellibelle said...

So beautiful and perfect for our wings theme at Allsorts challenge! Thanks so much for joining us this week!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Jen love the simplicity of your card and that butterfly with the design paper underlay really pops against the grey and white background...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

LeAnne said...

This is gorgeous, Jen...you had me running to look for those beautiful dies!

Michelle said...

Love your card! It's simplicity really draws in the eye to the delicate butterfly! Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

Rosemary said...

always love your beautiful clean and simple designs! thanks so much for picking my card at freshly made sketches!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This card really is so dreamy and so delicate with the butterfly you've used!

Vandra said...

I really love your butterfly card. Thank you for sharing with us at Colour My Heart Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.