Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 472

We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  It's an uber clean and simple design brought to you by Narelle.  As much as I'm a clean and simple girl, sometimes all that white space confounds me!  Go figure!



I ended up doing a combination of a sketchy stamp and some washi tape for the two horizontal lines and then added a delicate butterfly and a sentiment.  I'm sure you can't see it in the picture, but the cardstock that I cut the butterfly from has got a lovely shimmer to it.  It's from an old specialty set from Stampin' Up! that I use sparingly because it's so pretty.  Yes, I'm a hoarder!

I chose to do this card in all brown because of the Chocolate challenge at Less is More.  I'm a little unclear about whether I need to use an image of chocolate (as in the edible kind) or whether I can use chocolate colors so I'll let the LIM design team decide whether or not to chuck me from the gallery!


Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has interpreted this sketch is fabulous ways!  I'm sure you'll be inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Easy Expressions Thanks (The Ton); Slash Border (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Whisper White, Taste of Textiles (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Truffle (Avery Elle); Dark Chocolate (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps)

12 comments:

Jo said...

I do love this Jen, so clean and yet so refined. Beautiful! xx

Kim S said...

So elegant! What a wonderful mix of stamp, washi and a die.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty little butterfly, this is wonderful!

Linda Callahan said...

Simple and stylish! Love that lacy butterfly!

Chrissie said...

I love this Jen, simply perfect design and I think that butterfly die is fab!
Chrissie xx

Kathyk said...

This is fab and well done on perfectly coordinating your LIM make with the sketch challenge

Kathyk

perfectly4med said...

It's a colour challenge at Less is More, so your card is very much on the money... CAS, delicate and gorgeous. Thanks for playing in our 10th birthday celebrations.

Neil

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply stunning, Jen!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

What a wonderful take on the FMS sketch and the perfect take on our chocolate challenge at Less Is More. Fabulous! Thanks so much fro playing with us.

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This card is just gorgeous Jen! I love how simple and get elegant it is! That butterfly is fantastic and I love the neutral colours! So pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly gorgeous! I love how you've kept all that white space and used those yummy neutrals!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Jen...as always, your design and choice of elements are sheer perfection ~ xx