Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 473

Hi everyone!  It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Amy and her sketch is fantastic!



My little watercolored background panel is one that I have been pushing around my craft desk for - I don't know - years!  I can't remember what project I originally made it for but whatever it was I had this smallish bit left over that I never threw out.  All this time I've been moving this piece from one side of my desk to another thinking it was too pretty to get rid of and finally I was proved right!  (On a side note, I think I need some kind of container for scraps)!  I added a horizontal strip of vellum then cut the sentiment from black glitter paper on my Scan N Cut.  

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have got some great cards to inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Paper:  Whisper White, Pool Party, vellum (Stampin' Up!); Distress Watercolor (Tim Holtz); Black Foil Paper (Recollections)
Accessories:  Bold  Alpha Lower svg (The Ton)


8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I think this was the perfect opportunity to use that lovely panel! This is terrific, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

I love it when something just hanging around works perfectly on a card! Love that soft panel! Pretty card!

Amy O said...

I love the gorgeous colors on this fabulous watercolored panel! Fantastic use of the sketch, Jen!

Kim S said...

I love the softness you created behind the bold sentiment!

Jen Brum said...

Oh that little watercolour panel is just fabulous! I love those colours! They're so cheery! Love that big, bold sentiment too! Super cute!

Ida said...

So glad you finally used that little scrap of watercolor as it made for a very pretty background. Like the CAS look of your card.

Karren said...

Well now, I think you need to scroll back through your blog and find the original card that resulted in the creation of this watercolored panel :) Such a wonderful card and it's so cool to see that keeping these pieces does pay off in the end.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a terrific card Jen! So simple and yet so striking! These bold black letters look fabulous against the pastel background.