Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 497

Hi friends!  It's Wednesday so that means it's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess and sketch designer is Jacquie.  Her fabulous design has lots of white space to spark your creativity.  I used that white space to break in a new-to-me stencil.



I sat at my desk with a vague idea to sponge on some colors through the stencil and really didn't know how it was going to turn out.  To my delight the colors looked really good together then I got the bright idea to tap my Versarmark pad through the stencil and heat emboss some WOW! Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter over the leaves.  Let me just say they don't call it WOW! for nothing.  This picture doesn't do it justice, but the shimmer and shine from the embossing glitter turned this from a nice card to a super card!  

Thanks for stopping by!  As always, my Freshly Made Sketches teammates have put together some amazing cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tons of Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); Cocoa Bean (Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Brushed Corduroy, Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters, Wild Honey (Distress Oxide); Cocoa Bean (Papertrey Ink); Versamark
Accessories:  Turning Leaves stencil (Simon Says Stamp); Clear Sparkle Embossing Glitter (WOW!)

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Using that stencil was a genius move! Love how this turned out! Beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

Your leaves are so soft and pretty, Jen! This is a marvelous card!

Lynn Hoyt said...

What an awesome card! I must try this.

Amy O said...

This is a WOW card! I love the sparkle and the colors are gorgeous.

Jacquie Southas said...

Love this glittery, ombre design, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is so fabulous Jen! I just love those leaves! The colours are gorgeous! They look so amazing against the white background! Just gorgeous!

Jen Timko said...

How pretty and what a smart idea to add the embossing! I can see this stencil going into heavy rotation.

Karren said...

I can see some sparkle in the photo and can only imagine how gorgeous this looks in real life! Fabulous card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh this is so cool! I love the effect that this stencilling gives.

Kim S said...

LOVE the sparkling leaves! And so perfect with the small stripes as accents!