Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 498

I've got a quick post to share with you using the latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Jen Timko and I know you are going to love her design!



That oval layer initially had me a bit stumped.  And when I am stumped I take a day or two to obsess ponder over possible designs.  When I am really stumped I try and CASE one of my own designs and that is what happened with this card.  As I was driving home from work Tuesday (nothing like cutting it close) I remembered this card that I made and thought with some new stamps and colors I could make a brand new design.

So using the shades of blue theme at Less is More I stamped these gorgeous leafy images and highlighted one of them with the dotted image that I heat-embossed in white.  Easy peasy!



Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have got some great cards to inspire you so check them out and play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Dot Botanicals, Leaf Clusters (Altenew)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Sea Glass, Dusk, Desert Night (Altenew); Versamark
Accessories:  Pierced Oval STAX (My Favorite Things); Opaque Bright White embossing powder (WOW!)
 

10 comments:

LeAnne said...

OMGoodness, it is because of you I bought this stamp and I have hardly used it! LOVE it!

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I love the pretty blue you used. You rocked this challenge!

Lisa Elton said...

Spectacular! Beautifully done, Jen!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Jen! I love how you played with those lovely shades of blue and your oval aperture is fabulous with the leaves! Another beautiful card! xx

Linda Callahan said...

Well your pondering paid off! This is gorgeous!

Jen Brum said...

This is a gorgeous card Jen! I love the stamping and that foliage looks amazing! Love the blue and white together as well! So creative!

Kathyk said...

Fabulous card, lovely image and great shades of blue too

Kathyk

perfectly4med said...

I love your leafy card, and the white dots really add texture. Thanks for playing in our shades of blue challenge at Less is More.

Neil

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fabulous make with that wonderful sketch and LIM shades of blue! Thanks so much for playing with us at Less Is More!

Karren said...

This card is awesome and what you've done with those stamps is wonderful! Reminds me I really must use my set occasionally :)