Thursday, August 5, 2021

Fusion - Kitty Butterfly

Our new Fusion challenge is an incongruous mix of a butterfly and a cat - along with a sketch, of course.  Being a cat mom, I love cats.  And as a card-maker butterflies are a favorite element I like to use on my cards.  But in real life...never the twain shall meet!  One is an enemy of the other and I'm sure you can guess which is which!



So for my card I chose to create a bit of fusion - using the sketch, the butterfly, and a couple of colors from the inspiration photo.  As you can see I went uber CAS on this one with an all white background.  For the horizontal and vertical rectangles I simply raised up some white cardstock on foam tape.  The butterfly was die cut with a fairly close approximation of two of the colors from the photo and I added a bit of Wink of Stella so that, in real life, it has a bit of shimmer.

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Fusion teammates have made some fantastic cards for this challenge so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tons of Type (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Calypso Coral, Taken With Teal (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Taken With Teal (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Vivienne Butterfly die, Darla Butterfly die (Memory Box)

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, cat or butterfly, either one would have looked good with whatever you created! I love your big bold butterfly though...it looks perfect against that white background!

Lisa Elton said...

Marvelous CAS card, Jen!

Kim S said...

I love all of the subtle details that make this card so special!