Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 532

Hi all!  It's Wednesday so that means we have a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Kim and I know her sketch will inspire so many designs!



I love to take a sketch that looks like it has layers and make a card that has none.  So I stamped a sentiment, masked it off, then stamped the floral design over it.  I drew a box around the whole thing and voila!  I made a card using the sketch!  My colors were inspired by the Just Us Girls challenge and the one layer design was inspired by Addicted to CAS.



Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some great cards to inspire you to play along with us so be sure to check them out.

Supplies
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Crimson (Altenew)

11 comments:

Amy O said...

I love how you've made this sketch into a one-layer card! Those pretty red flowers pop against the white, and that black border is genius.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a gorgeous card Jen! I love how it's just one layer but so beautiful! Those flowers are striking and I love that sentiment! So pretty!

Lisa Elton said...

You picked the perfect elements for this sketch, Jen! What a pretty card!

Bobby said...

Beautiful CAS card with one of my favorite flowers, Jen. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.

Sue Duffy said...

Love this idea.

Kim S said...

Just beautiful! I love how you added the box with the flowers and sentiment - such an eye-catching look!

Judy Rozema said...

I really love this! The color is so eye catching. Love the masked sentiment too.

Karren said...

Every time I see you use this stamp, I'm reminded of how gorgeous and abstract-y the image is. This is a fantastic one-layer card!

Linda Callahan said...

One layer elegance! I love how the simple outline looks so fabulous!

Jen Timko said...

Oh so pretty! Gorgeous take on the sketch. Love these flowers!

Vicky Hayes said...

Drawing a box around a design is so hard to do but it is SO effective for a one layer design. Love the way the sentiment appears to burst out of frame. Thank you for coming to play with us at Addicted to CAS! Vicky x