Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 530

Hi all!  I'm the hostess this week at Freshly Made Sketches and I think I created a sketch that you can wrap your creative hands around!



For the colors of my card I perused the Compendium of colourQ for some inspiration.  (What a great source of inspiration)!  Years ago I was on the design team at ColourQ and I will forever credit my time there for making me think outside the box in terms of color.  Colors that you think might not match, actually complement each other in fun and surprising ways.  For this card I chose the colors for ColourQ #66.

The big florals are layered on some splashes of abstract shapes.  I think it's clean, simple, and colorful all at the same time!

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some great cards to inspire you to play along with us so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Funky Florals, Watercolor Wonder (Papertrey Ink); Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Soft Sky, Basic Black, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Soft Sky, So Saffron (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)

7 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty, Jen love the soft colors! I miss our ColourQ days too, what a fun challenge it was!

Linda Callahan said...

Your soft colors are wonderful and I am going to check out that site because I struggle with colors! I love when people in the know suggest them for me!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Jen! I just love those flowers and the fun background! Beautiful colours too! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch, Jen! I love the swipes of soft color behind the sweet yellow flowers.

Celeste Goff said...

I love your clean and simple take on the sketch!

Karren said...

Thanks for such a great sketch - so much creative space to play! And what a gorgeous card you've created. Those colours are fab! And I miss ColourQ too - even though the colours challenged me so much sometimes.

Kim S said...

I love your mix of those fun flowers with the abstract shapes in the background - it's so eye-catching!