Thursday, April 28, 2022

Fusion - Blue Butterfly

We've got a great new challenge for you at Fusion.  I'm a big lover of butterflies so you would think this challenge would be easy for me, but I'm here to tell you that I made at least three iterations of this card before I decided this was the one!  In the end I opted to create some fusion of my own by combining the butterfly theme with the sketch.



I loved the varying shades of blue and green in the inspiration pic so I sponged some similar colors onto my background.   (The color on the right looks purple but it's called "chipped sapphire" so I promise in real life that it looks blue).  I randomly stamped butterflies onto the background and then I added the big banner die cut in vellum so the colors and butterflies below would show through.  I topped the banner with a couple of die cut butterflies and a sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!  Check out our Fusion challenge and play along with the sketch the inspiration photo or both!

Supplies
Stamps:  Butterfllies (7Gypsies); Keep It Simple Just a Note (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Bristol Smooth; Island Indigo, Whisper White, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Hawaiian Shores (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Chipped Sapphire, Cracked Pistachio, Peacock Feathers (Distress Oxide); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accesories:  Jumbo Fishtail Banner STAX (My Favorite Things); Delaney Butterfly die (Poppystamps)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the softness the vellum banner adds! Pretty card, Jen!

Polly said...

Beautiful card! Love the background, vellum banner and the die cut butterflies!

Wanda Cullen said...

Really gorgeous butterfly creation! I always love a touch of vellum!

Ida said...

Super pretty card. Love how you created the butterfly stamped background and the use of vellum.