Wednesday, April 27, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 533

Hello!  It's Wednesday so that means we've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is my hiking hero Jen Brum, who created this wonderful sketch that got me thinking outside the box!



I first made a card using washi tape for the vertical stripes but hated it when all was said and done.  Then when I was at work on Monday I remembered this birch tree die that I had.  (I'm supposed to be working but while I'm at work but I can't help obsessing about my card designs when I'm there.  Don't tell the boss)!  I thought I could use the birch trees to replicate the vertical stripes.  I think they do very well!

The background of the card is the shimmery white cardstock from Stampin' Up!  It doesn't look like much in the picture but it sure is pretty in real life!  The white birch trees really show up nicely against it because they are different shades of white.  I added a few little birds in red because this little scene I created reminded me of winter.  And cardinals are one of those few birds are a bright (red) spot in a white winter scene.

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches design teammates have made some fabulous cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out

Stamps:  Joy (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Real Red, Shimmery White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Forest Majesty die (Whimsy Stamps)


4 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is amazing! I just love those birch trees and the little red birds just pop! All that white is just gorgeous!! I love it! You're welcome to come out and be my hiking buddy any time!!!

Linda Callahan said...

Ohhhhh smart move with the birch trees! Love how this turned out!

Jacquie Southas said...

I think this die is perfect for the sketch! Gorgeous design with the pop of red.

Karren said...

I'm fairly confident we all think about cards at least some of the time we're at work, so no need to worry... Your thinking certainly paid off - this is such an elegant card and clever take on the sketch!