Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 540

Hi everyone!  It's my turn to be the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches and I put together a pretty simple sketch.  I had no particular card design in mind when I created the sketch and once I sat at my desk to make my card I was going to do something faithful to it:  a couple of rectangles and maybe a flower or too.  But after a first attempt I abandoned that idea and went with something else entirely.




For the rectangles I used a brushstroke image and then die cut this beautiful butterfly as an accent.  I was inspired by the colors at Sunday Stamps for this one.  The colors are eclectic and I love it when I can combine colors that, at first glance, don't seem to go together and but look so beautiful when they combine!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you give my sketch a try at Freshly Made Sketches!  My fellow design team members have made some fabulous cards to inspire you so I hope you'll play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Jumbo Abstract Art (My Favorite Things); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Whisper White, Summer Starfruit (Stampin' Up!); vellum (Graphix)
Ink:  Wisteria, Hydrangea (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Papillons die (4enscrap); enamel dots (Studio Calico)

6 comments:

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fabulous card Jen! I love those brushstroke images! They're perfect! That butterfly is super sweet too! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

dj said...

Beautiful!! Those brushstrokes are the perfect back drop for your butterfly!! Thanks for playing along with our color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!!

Amy O said...

I love the brushstrokes and the beautiful pop of yellow that the pretty butterfly provides. A beautiful card and a great sketch!

Heather said...

So lovely, Jen, and perfectly CAS! I LOVE those tiny pops of red as an accent - just the perfect detail! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jacquie Southas said...

Great sketch, Jen! Love your purple brushstrokes.

Annette Elliott said...

That's what I love about "creating". You never know what you end up with and usually the "thought" turns into something entirely different. Thanks for sharing your fun butterfly card and playing along with the Sunday Stamps! challenge!