Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 538

I know the calendar says June, but the weather says April.  😕 After some spectacular weather lately a cold front has moved in and the temperatures are now back into the sixties and it's raining today.  Blah.  But luckily it's Wednesday so there's a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches which cheers me up immensely!  Our hostess this week is Jacquie and in between cooking up fabulous meals she manages to cook up some fabulous cards too!



I decided immediately that washi tape would be perfect for the vertical layers.  My washi collection has been sitting idle for a while now so it was good to dig through it and find something to use here.  The inspiration photo at Just Us Girls gave me some color cues so the baskets became the washi and the different shades of pink flowers became my arrangement of funky flowers.


Thanks for stopping by!  Of course my Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some gorgeous cards for you to see.  

Supplies
Funky Flowers (Papetrey Ink); Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Sea Glass (Avery Elle); Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Frosty Pink, Coral Berry, Ruby Red, Pink Diamond, Pinkalicious, Rubelite (Altenew); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  washi tape

10 comments:

Amy O said...

Washi tape is perfect for this sketch! I wish I had thought of that. My stash has been neglected for too long too. A very pretty card, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Oh the washi tape is fabulous! I love it! Those pink flowers are so cute too! Love it with the blue background! Looks amazing!

Linda Callahan said...

Total sweetness with those pink blooms and the washi!

Carol said...

Love your creative take on both the sketch and our photo at Just Us Girls! Those flowers are really fun and the washi is a take off of the tires in black and white...I was hoping someone would see that detail! So glad you shared your card with us at JUGs this week!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Jen! Great use of the tape! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls.

ElizStewart said...

Jen... love this card! The simplicity is perfection! Thanks so much for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls!

Kim S said...

Your card is so wonderfully cheerful and perfect for your rainy day! I love the black grid of the washi behind those sweet flowers.

Lyn said...

Loving your happy pink flowers, really enjoyed this card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Washi tape is perfect for the vertical lines and I love your pretty pink flowers!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a lovely fresh design, Jen! I love the soft colors and these pretty blooms.