Thursday, June 9, 2022

Fusion - Wheel Wreath

We've got a great new challenge for you at Fusion this week!  I was so excited when I saw the inspiration photo for this week for reasons that had nothing to do with a card!  More on that later!



So, the inspiration photo was a ship-lap background, a cluster of wheels and some greenery.  Well, it just so happens that I have an accent wall on my front porch that has some wheels on it very reminiscent of these wheels.  (I think mine are vintage baby carriage wheels).  I painted the porch last summer but recently began to think about adding some faux brick wallpaper to the accent wall.  This challenge has made me think that faux ship-lap would look just as good!  

But on to the card.  I cut strips of white cardstock that were 1/2-inch wide and lightly sponged a pale gray on the edges before adhering them to my card base.  Then I stamped a few circles and added some greenery to them to mimic the inspiration photo.  I added some white "berries" using Nuvo drops.  At the last minute I added a sentiment in red.

Thanks for stopping by!  Come and join us at Fusion!  Play with the sketch or the inspiration photo or both!

Supplies
Stamps:  Bokeh Dots (Essentials); Joy Stamp (The Stamp Market
Paper:  Whisper White, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!) Pinefeather (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Limestone, Crimson (Altenew); Nocturne (Versamark Clare)
Accessories:  Branch punch (Martha Stewart); Gloss White Nuvo Drops

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOVE this! Thanks for letting me know how to make that awesome shiplap...I always overdo it and it looks messy! Lovely card!

Lisa Elton said...

The shiplap turned out great, Jen! Love the trio of pretty little wreaths, this is charming. You should link up with us at CAS Christmas!