Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Freshly Made Sktetches #542

Hi friends!  It's Wednesday so that means we've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  My brain is obviously fried because I completely forgot to schedule my blog post for this morning when the sketch went live.  But here I finally am.  Our design this week is courtesy of Kim and it's got classic lines that I love.




I'm not sure why but whenever I reach for this particular stamp set I always want to stamp the leaves in black.  No idea why.  They could easily be green - the logical choice, after all - but I always seem to gravitate toward black.  So when I chose a favorite yellow gingham for the horizontal layer I knew this set with its black leaves would be perfect.  The contrast of yellow and black is a favorite of mine!  I added a bit of color by coloring the flower in shades of pale purple.  A simple sentiment finishes this off perfectly.

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some fabulous cards to share with you so I hope you check them out.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Wallpaper Art (Altenew); Happiest Birthday Wishes (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); X-Press It Blending Card; Basic Black, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Large Stitched Rectangle Die (Lawn Fawn)

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

What a pretty card Jen! That flower is fabulous and I love the black leaves trailing out behind! The yellow gingham is too sweet!

Kim S said...

You've created a truly lovely flower - and I really you black leaves (keep using them!). It is so sweet on the yellow gingham.

Karren said...

The black spray of leaves is so gorgeous and elegant! And they totally work with this card. Just fabulous!