Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 400 - A Redux

It's hard to believe but we are at 400 challenges at Freshly Made Sketches!  Woo hoo!  Our very first challenge debuted on September 7, 2011.  We had six members on our design team (two are still here - me included) and that first challenge saw countless people play along.  And here we are nearly eight years later still going strong!

We've got a month long celebration planned and we are kicking it off with a bit of a challenge redux.  Our sketch this week is actually our debut sketch from all those years ago.  (Incidentally we did the same thing for #100 so this sketch has got some traction)!

Here's my new take on the sketch as well as the cards I made for #1 and #100.




Challenge 1
Challenge 100

I decided to go with a Christmas theme this time around.  I used some colorful striped paper, some white shimmer cardstock (which looks fantastic in real life) and my favorite poinsettia die that I cut from some gorgeous gold vellum and all that is highlighted with this great buffalo plaid stamp.  I love that thing!

Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has really gone all out for this challenge so I hope you can play along with us.  We've got some fun things in the works so stay tuned as we celebrate 400 challenges over the next few weeks.  It's going to be fun!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sending Joy, Travelers Journal December Typed Words (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze, Real Red, Ski Slope DSP (Stampin' Up!); Cryogen White
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Blueprints 21 die (My Favorite Things); Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

5 comments:

Amy O said...

These are all fabulous, Jen! Your style is always a great example of how "clean" done right is not always simple, but is always beautiful.

Lisa Elton said...

You always inspire me with your take on the sketches and this is another fabulous example of that! Love the 1st and 100th too!

Linda Callahan said...

Such a fun journey we have been on! Your card is delightful.....and one and one hundred have held up very well too!

Jacquie Southas said...

Congratulations on 8 years with the Clean Team and thanks for all the inspiration!

Judy Rozema said...

I love seeing your original cards! Congratulations on being an original!!