Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 400 - Week Two

We are at Week 2 of our 400th challenge celebration at Freshly Made Sketches.  And we are still walking down memory lane because this week we have reprised sketch #200 for our challenge.  Take a look:



A CAS classic sketch, don't you think?  I went with some comic book inspired paper for a background and a ka-boom image as a focal point.  I added a "wow" sentiment because it's a bit of a "wow" that we are here at 400 challenges!  I was also inspired by the color challenge at the Paper Players - black, white, and one other color.  As per my usual when I see this color challenge I choose yellow! 


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can join us for our 400th anniversary challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Explosion! (Uniko)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Summer Sunrise (Papertrey Ink); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow - such a fun card! Definitely has the comic book feel -love it!

Jacquie Southas said...

My clean and graphic loving heart adores this card, Jen! Wow, indeed!

Judy Rozema said...

I always love what you make! Super fun, bright card!

Lisa Elton said...

Yes Jen, the WOW is perfect for the 400th celebration! Terrific card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great way to celebrate your 400th challenge with some bright yellow gingham and your pop-art style sentiment - I love it! I missed out last week but will definitely be playing along with your ladies this week! Thanks for playing along with us over at The Paper Players this week too!

Jaydee said...

Jen, you are so the queen of clean. I love the gingham and the black horizontal line and then that starburst sentiment is perfect. Congrats on the 400th challenge, Im sorry I wasn't able to play along last week. So glad you joined us at the Players
jaydee

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, this is such a FUN card! Love the comic book feel of your card. The gingham and black and a perfect match for our challenge! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Absolutely gorgeous CAS design, Jen!

Olivia said...

This card really caught my eye! I love the colors and superhero/comic book feel.

Kim S said...

I'm going to have to add those stamps to my stash - and keep your card for inspiration - perfect for the stack of cards I keep on hand for my sons!

Bushraah88 said...

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man and Thanks for the post,Interesting stuff to read. Keep it up.
हिंदी में , हिंदीमें , HindiMei