Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 400 - Week Three

If you've been following us at Freshly Made Sketches for the last couple of weeks you may have noticed a theme.  First we dug into our archives and re-purposed Sketch #1 (which was also Sketch #100).  And then we did the same with Sketch #200.  Well guess what...we did it again with Sketch #300 this week!




That last pic was actually my card for the original #300 sketch.  Whoo!  What a difference from my new card! 

I had it in mind to make a Christmas card with this sketch and even dug into my stash of ancient Stampin' Up! patterned paper to make one of those rectangles.  I was unsure of what to do with the sentiment portion of the sketch and then I stumbled on the "elf" challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown and knew I could sneak on this cute elf and give him a simple sentiment on a simple rectangle.  Simple is better!  The



Now, we are fresh out of old sketches at Freshly Made Sketches to repurpose so you know what that means...we've got a brand new sketch for you next week as we continue our 400th celebration.  That's right an actual Sketch #400!  😀There may be a surprise in store for you as we celebrate this milestone too so be sure to check us out!  In the meantime our design team has made some great cards with this sketch so play along with us!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Toy Land, Chill Out (The Alley Way Stamps)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla, Jolly Holiday DSP (Stampin' Up!); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Ruby Red (Altenew); Copics
Accessories:  Blueprints 15 die, Horizontal Stitched Strips die, Stitched Rectangle die (My Favorite Things); Christmas Sprinkles (Doodlebug Designs)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That little guy is adorable! Such a cute holiday card!

I Card Everyone said...

I just LOVE this guy!!! and every single snippet of your darling card, Jen!!! xx
=]

Darnell said...

What a darling elf! He looks perfect popped on the pretty panels for this sketch, Jen! Great sediment, coloring/colors, and bling!! Hugs, Darnell

JoAnn said...

Such a cute elf. Your coloring looks great. I love your card, also your card from the original sketch.

Lisa Elton said...

He's so darn cute, I love this card Jen! Your original was delightful too!

LeAnne said...

I love this!! And I love that FMS is repurposing their sketches, what a fun idea!

Amy O said...

This little elf is adorable! Way to show how versatile this sketch is -- from Christmas to Summer! I love it!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Jen! I just love that elf! Your colouring is fantastic! Perfect colours for Christmas!

Jen Timko said...

Oh how I love this new take on the sketch. But then, I loved the old one too, lol! This elf is AWESOME!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jen your little elf is just too cute! Fun to see your flashback card too.

Nora Noll said...

I love seeing the card you did before!! Such a different feel. LOVE the new one with that CUTE stamp!!