Thursday, July 2, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 379

So we've got a new sketch for you at CAS(E) This Sketch.  And it's a throwback one all the way back to Number 62 which debuted in January 2014.  I didn't play along with that particular challenge but I sure was inspired by one of the design team cards!




Back then Jen Wills made a card that struck me as super fun.  It was lines of random letters that she spotlighted with a particular sentiment.  I loved the idea and that sent me on a search of my stamp sets to see if I could do something similar.  I found this Christmas background stamp and set to work figuring out what size card I would need to accommodate the size of the stamp.

The end result is the strangest card size I think I've ever made!  It might actually suited to be a tag rather than card!  The size of the background stamp just wasn't big enough to accommodate a diagonal layer on an A2 card.  So I kept cutting my card down so that the diagonal layer would fit.  Then I popped up a HO HO HO in red to make things a bit more interesting!

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow CAS(E) This Sketch teammates have made some great cards to inspire you to play along with us.  

Supplies
Stamps:  Ho Ho Ho Background (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Claire); Real Red (Stampin' Up!) 

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love this idea Jen, so cute!

Jen W. said...

Thanks so much for the shout out, Jen! I love your tech on the sketch. Such an awesome Christmas card. What size did it end up being in the end? (Looks like normal card size in the photo).