Thursday, July 9, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 380 Meets Fusion

Every couple of weeks I get to stretch my creative arms, as it were, and combine a sketch from CAS(E) This Sketch with an inspiration challenge at Fusion.  This time around a curvy sketch met some flowers.




I spent a long time on that curved layer.  I really didn't have a die in my stash that could do it for me.  I tried free-hand cutting the shape - not a good idea 😳but ended up using a combination of a landscape die and some free-hand cutting.  To add a bit of interest I poked holes along the uppermost curve.  It looked too plain without some kind of embellishment.  Then I added a line of wee flowers along the gentle bottom slope.  The inspiration photo had a pale gray background for those little pink and yellow cupcake flowers so I tried to recreate some of those colors here.  The sentiment was gently curved to follow the same track as the curved layer.

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow teammates at CAS(E) This Sketch and Fusion have made some super fantastic cards for you to see.  I hope you are inspired to join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Birthday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Soft Stone, Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink); Pink Pirouette (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Basic Pearls (Stampin' Up!)

4 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those little flowers are darling and so is your card!

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Jen! Great job creating the curve and I love how you added the tiny holes and darling blooms...so pretty!

Wanda Cullen said...

You rocked both challenges though that CAS layout stumped me! Beautiful take on the Fusion photo!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how I LOVE!! The little pink and white flowers are perfection!!