Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 446

We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our talented design team member Linda has embraced the new slimline card trend and is challenging us to create a slim card.  And what's extra fun is that the design is entirely up to you!



I'm almost out of time to create a Christmas in July card so I was determined to do one before I flipped the calendar to August.  I used some edgers dies to create a line of color along the bottom of the card then accented the layout with a poinsettia in classic Christmas colors and a gold-embossed sentiment.

One thing I've noticed about these slimline cards is that there's a prodigious amount of space to fill up!  I managed the task on this card with a big poinsettia and a big sentiment.  I recently went shopping and got some dies specifically for these cards so hopefully I will get better at decorating all that space!  I did manage to use a stitched die for the edge which allows me to play along with the Christmas Card Throwdown challenge.



Thanks for stopping by!  Let's see your slimline cards at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Handwritten Holidays (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Real Red, Garden Green, Champagne Glimmer DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box); Slim Edgers die (PinkFresh Studio); gold embossing powder

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Yep you are going to make me go shopping! I love the red and stitched edge! Beautiful card - and the sentiment is so elegant with the flower!

Lisa Elton said...

You filled that space up beautifully Jen, this is marvelous!

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely beautiful Christmas card, Jen! I love the classic color palette and your angled border makes this card really special!

A.Rose said...

Love the delicate stitching along the edge! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This card is so pretty Jen! I just love that poinsettia and I love that amazing stitched edge! So perfect for Christmas!

Fabiola said...

quelle jolie et élégante carte Jen, très belle couture, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Your stitched edge is perfect for this card, allowing your beautiful poinsettia to take center stage. Another stunner, Jen!

Karren said...

Those edge dies are gorgeous and really make a statement with that big beautiful poinsettia! Wonderful card!

Jen Timko said...

Poinsettias for the win this week! I love this die and that edging is really fantastic. (still not looking) What a beautiful card!

Kim S said...

LOVE the border - and how perfect to use a big, beautiful poinsettia on the long slimline!