Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 444

Hello!  Today at Freshly Made Sketches we are debuting a brand new sketch designed by Jen Timko.  Check out this sweet square number!



This card turned out so much better than I thought it would when I designed it in my head!  That big square space actually had me a little stumped!  So when that happens I usually start looking through my stash of stamps for tried-and-true ones that make me smile.  I found this Funky Florals set and stamped them in the colors of the Paper Players challenge.  I added a small grungy stamp behind the flowers to provide some contrast to the white-on-white layers and found a slim vertical sentiment that tucked in around the flowers perfectly.



Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you to play along with us.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Funky Florals (Papertrey Ink); Posted Note Sentiments (Reverse Confetti); Gorgeous Grunge (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Smoky Slate, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  So Saffron, Bashful Blue, Smoky Slate (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things)

10 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Your Funky Florals are so pretty...especially in this color combo, Jen! I love how the gray panel is peeking out from behind the focal point, too...such a beautiful card!

Lisa Elton said...

You found the perfect elements to fill the big square Jen, this is fabulous!

Linda Callahan said...

These flowers are delightful! And yep this card came out quite all right....sweet as can be!

LeAnne said...

You know I always love what you create, Jen, and this one did not disappoint! LOVE those big flowers (especially with the grunge behind them) and all that white space makes me happy too! Thanks for sharing this with us this week and using my Paper Players colors!!

Cindy Beach said...

So stunning! You nail it every time, Jen!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jen those funky florals were a great choice - they look fabulous with the touches of grey and all that white space. Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, I love this sketch! A square card is always so fun! Those funky flowers and the touch of grunge is fabulous! Such a great way to use our color combo! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Karren said...

Beautiful card and such fun flowers! Great way to use the colors as well!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Just gorgeous! You are such a star at combing challenges and creating elegant cards!

Kim S said...

The flowers and the sentiment look fabulous together. I love it all in the softer colors.