Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 445

Hello everyone!  We've got a new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches and I am the hostess!  I went with a design that, I hope, gives you some room for interpretation.



I chose to use the colors from the Just Us Girls challenge and stamped a grungy circle in gray that I accented with leaves in teal and frosty vellum along with a slim scalloped layer in a mustard color.  A slim birthday sentiment and I was done!  Incidentally the teal I used is the Stampin' Up! version of it which looks quite blue, especially when I photograph it.  Apologies to the Just Us Girls crew if it seems I was circumventing the color. :) 


Thanks for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some amazing cards to inspire you to play along with us.  I hope you'll join us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Ink Splats (Indigo Blu); Birthday Messages (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Whisper White, Taken With Teal, More Than Mustard, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Going Gray (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Curvy Leaves die (Elizabeth Craft Designs); Scallop Border Set (A.Muse Studio); Blueprints 21 die (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)

16 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your sketch this week! And your card is beautiful and elegant!

I Card Everyone said...

You always make me wonder: which came first? the card, or the Sketch? No matter which, your card is absolutely gorgeous, Jen!
=]

Amy O said...

This is gorgeous! I love that little pop of yellow. Thanks for the great sketch this week!

Jacquie Southas said...

I love this sketch, Jen! Your card is just gorgeous - love the teal & vellum leaves!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

What a wonderful take on the sketch! I love it.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love the way you've interpreted your sketch Jen, this is so PRETTY!

Crafting Queen said...

Love this card,great design.

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with your fabulous clean and classy design, Jen. Thanks a lot for this super fun sketch and by the way, thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls this week.

Pat said...

I never would have been able to put those colors together...but you made a sharp looking card! Love the teal leaves and vellum together.

Kim S said...

So fresh - and absolutely lovely. And you really made those colors work together!

Claire said...

Perfectly executed as ever Jen!

Karren said...

Great sketch, Jen, and you've created a gorgeous card with it!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just breathtaking Jen! I love that grungy circle and the pretty leaves! The white background is perfect! Thanks for an amazing sketch this week!

Judy Rozema said...

This is such a classy and gorgeous card. I love the colors, and just the little grouping. Awesome sketch this week!

Barb Ghig said...

Another beautiful (and elegant) card, Jen! I love your color palette and how you added the coffee stain to your design...Love those pretty leaves, too!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is fabulous, Jen! I adore your style. The stamped grunge circle is a perfect base for your leaves, scalloped edge and sentiment. Beautiful!