Thursday, August 13, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 385

We've got a fun new sketch for you at CAS(E) This Sketch.  Originally I thought I would make a shaker card - big circles always make think of shakers, but I happened to have a stamp set on my desk that was chock full of spirals and circles and I realized those images would be perfect for my card!




So I inked up a few circular images in the colors of the Sunday Stamps challenge and my card was done.  I had a little trouble with ink pads that were just a bit too juicy for that striped layer behind the "hi" and that frustrates me to no end!  I tried a couple of different inks and kept getting blotchy results - meaning you couldn't tell that the image was supposed to be stripes.  I ended up choosing the best ink I could find (which isn't saying much and turned out being more purple than plum (sorry about that Sunday Stamps DT)) and reminisced about the red rubber days when stamping details was not a problem.  

And in other news the new blogger is inserting a double space each time I hit enter.  *SIGH* Every day it's something different with this new blogger interface - most of it bad!


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow CAS(E) This Sketch teammates have made some absolutely gorgeous cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out.  

Supplies

Stamps:  Sphere's & Spirals (Altenew); Circles Circles Circles (Whimsy Stamps)

Ink:  Desert Night, Hydrangea (Altenew); Baja Breeze (Stampin' Up!)

Accessories:  Happy Hellos die (My Favorite Things)

5 comments:

Nora Noll said...

Oh I love that image you used for this card!! So fun!!!

Lisa Elton said...

I agree with Nora, this is so fun! The stamps remind me of Spirograph!

Heather said...

Very cool, Jen! I used to LOVE my spirogragh - this reminds me of that, lol. Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

I love it! What a cool design, love the images around your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Ugh! I can relate to an over saturated ink pad!! But the end result is simply CAS and I love it! Regarding the "New" Blogger...I switched back to the classic mode and I am much happier! :) Thank for sharing with us at Sunday Stamps!