Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 450

It's time for a brand new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Karren and she's got a great sketch for us!

Well documented here, when I see a sketch with three of anything I go running for the hills!  But my go-to compromise is three things that are not identical to each other.  In this case it is a flower and two sets of leaves on either side.  That equals three!

I'm way behind on my Christmas cards this year and since I recently got this plaid DSP, and I love plaid on Christmas cards, I decided to take the opportunity to use the sketch for a Christmas card.  The three circles became a poinsettia and two sets of leaves - and to add a little more interest I added some copper cord behind them.  The leaves looked a little lost so I sponged a bit of green on the edges of them so they stood out a little more.  Pretty!

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design teammates have made some gorgeous card with this sketch - what great ideas they have!  So be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler, Champagne Glimmer (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Garden Green (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Poinsettia die (Paper Smooches); Copper Cord (Stampin' Up!)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You are still far ahead of me on holiday cards! This is a pretty one!

Jen Brum said...

Love this fun Christmas design! Poinsettias and plaid just belong together! You are going to have your Christmas cards done in no time at all!

Lisa Elton said...

The plaid is the perfect backdrop for your pretty poinsettia! This is terrific Jen!

alma.heijenk@gmail.com said...

lovely sketch and card

Karren said...

What a great way to incorporate the three circles without it looking like 3 circles :) I forgot about your aversion to threes - sorry about that! But you overcame admirably and created a gorgeous card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Beautiful and soft! You've created a wonderful festive card!

Barb Ghig said...

Somehow I missed this card last week...I really love your pretty plaid DSP and how you used the bloom and leaves for your 3 elements! LOVE your copper cord, too...I always forget to use mine :)