Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 448

Hey all!  It's time for a brand new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Jen Brum and I'm not surprised to see that her straight-forward sketch has not a circle to be found on  it - she hates circles for some reason!



Honestly, I think I've made some variation of this card a million times before but this stamp set of flowers and leaves is a long-time favorite of mine and I love how it pairs so well with a bit of a grungy background.  That diagonal line on the sketch was perfect for the sketchy chevrons stamp and I added a few grungy dots to make things a bit more interesting.  Then I chose a nice orange sherbet color for the flowers and complemented them with a bright green for the leaves.  The challenge at Less is More is calling for summer flowers which is why I chose to round out this sketch with some!


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have a chance to join us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  Our wonderful design team has made fantastic cards to inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sketchy Chevron Border (Impression Obsession); Distressed Patterns (My Favorite Things); Summer Silhouettes  (Stampin' Up!); Spheres & Spirals (Altenew)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Silver Stone, Fresh Leaf, Orange Cream, Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Blueprints 21 die  (My Favorite Things)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

Oh, I love these sweet flowers! And their color is so pretty. I love this card, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

You worked your usual magic on the sketch Jen, this is marvelous!!

Cindy Beach said...

Beautifully done, Jen! Love the fresh flowers and bit of grunge. The clean lines still shine through!

Linda Callahan said...

I am loving the orange sherbet! Beautifully done!

Michelle W said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.

Jen Brum said...

This card is so amazing Jen! I just love that chevron border and those pretty flowers! It's so lovely!

Judy Rozema said...

Your diagonal pattern is such a cool addition to the pretty flowers. Really cool look!

Cécile RIBON said...

This favorite of yours is so pretty, it makes a perfect match with this chevron diagonal line.

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful blooms and leaves and I love how you added the sketchy chevrons...Another gorgeous card, Jen!