Thursday, August 27, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 387

Hey all!  We've got a great new sketch for you at CAS(E) This Sketch!  I did a little masking on my card to get those doodled flowers behind the sentiment "layer."



I fully intended this card to have some color but things didn't work out that way!  I started by masking off a rectangle with some frisket film and then stamped my doodled flowers around it.  I ended up hand drawing the rectangle - squiggly lines in all.  Then I decided to stop.  I really liked how this looked in black and white.

My card was also inspired by the "Doodles" challenge at Less is More.  My doodled flower images are from a set that I've had for ages and haven't used all that much.  It's nice to ink up the oldies-but-goodies once in a while!


Thanks for stopping! My CAS(E) This Sketch teammates have made some great cards with our sketch this week so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Doodlie-Doo (Papertrey Ink); Totally Random Sayings (Essentials by Ellen); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  White (Spectrum)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)

5 comments:

Izzy Scrap said...

Beautiful monochrome CAS card ! Love your doodling to frame the sentiment. Fabulous design too. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Less is More.

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I LOVE the black and white design of this!!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the black and white, this is marvelous!

Lynne said...

That is a super stamp set and I love your doodled rectangle with the squiggles. It looks great left as it is in black and white too. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More,
Lynne x

Kim S said...

This IS fabulous in black and white!