Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 449

Hey everyone!  It's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Cécile and she's got this amazing sketch that, as you will see by checking out our design team cards, can be interpreted in so many different ways!


First I made a card with some triangles on it in the style of the sketch, but it was really boring and I had no choice but to scrap it.  So then I actually sat at my desk, chin in hand, and contemplated the myriad of stamp sets at my disposal.  Soon my eye was drawn to this set I've had in my stash for ages and my card was born.  I think karma might have had a hand in my choice because the set is called French Foliage and Cécile is from France.  It was meant to be!

I took some liberties with the sketch and opted for some different shapes than triangles but the placement of my shapes it the same.  The card is made from a kraft background and all the stamps were done in a dark brown.  The muted colors seemed perfect for a sympathy card so I added that sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you can join us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Supplies:
Stamps:  French Foliage (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah)
Ink:  Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love this...one of my favorite sets!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep French Foliage works perfectly! I still have my set too! Very pretty card!

Lisa Elton said...

I love where your chin in your hand took you! This is so PRETTY Jen, love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch, Jen! Your color palette is so elegant, and I love all the texture on the leaf...Great idea to scrap your original idea...this design is very creative :)

Cat Craig said...

Oh my gosh, this just took my breath away. Love its elegance, simplicity, and botanical bits. I love all those elements for sympathy cards.

Kim S said...

You've created such a perfect sympathy card! The images are lovely and so elegant.

Karren said...

That stamp set is an oldie but a goodie! I got so much use out of it! And you've kept it fresh and clean with this gorgeous card!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is gorgeous! This is one of my favourite stamp sets! You've used it so elegantly! I love it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

One of my all-time favourite sets! I love how you've used it here - so creative and really elegant!