Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 451

Hi all!  We've got a brand new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Narelle and she's given us this fantastic sketch!


The weather is turning cool here in New England and when that happens I tend to gravitate toward warm colors on my cards -- fall is coming!  My card today features a die-cut daisy that I colored in some warm yellow tones reminiscent of a sunflower and layered it against some gingham patterned paper.  I was inspired by the tic-tac-toe challenge at the Paper Players and followed one of the diagonals - die cut, embossing, and patterned paper.  The embossing may be a bit hard to see but the entire background of this card is embossed with a diagonal pattern.

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some amazing cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Naturals White  (Neenah);  More Mustard, Orchard Harvest DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!); Copics
Accessories:  Upsy Daisy die (My Favorite Things); Grid Lines impression plate (Papertrey Ink)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet....still a bit summery....and just the hint of the fall that is knocking on the door! Summer flies by even in a pandemic!

Barb Ghig said...

I love that you chose warm yellow tones for this card, Jen! Your bloom is so sweet and I love the gingham paper in the background! Another fabulous take on the sketch!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the warm yellows! Beautiful card, Jen.

Lisa Elton said...

How PRETTY! The gingham, the layered daisy...love it all!

Allisa said...

Such a gorgeous card, love the details in your flowers! So glad you mentioned the embossed background. It is so hard to pick up all the card details sometimes in a photo! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

So clean and beautiful, Jen! I love the gingham paper...but the flower steals the show. It's perfect! Thank you for playing in my Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fresh and fun card, Jen! Love how the colors pop on the clean design. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Amy O said...

Gorgeous! I love that pretty flower and the subtle embossed background adds such a classy touch.

Jen Timko said...

This card is all the good things about September! Love the colors!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great fall'ish card! I love that sunflower like daisy! It's so pretty and those fall colours warm my heart!!! It's turning cool here as well! Scary how fast it's happening!

Kim S said...

I love the dimension you've created on that daisy - both with the coloring and the layers! SO perfect with the gingham!