Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 455

Hello everyone!  I'm the hostess at Freshly Made Sketches for our latest challenge and I made something I love!  A SQUARE card!  Now, of course, anyone who has played along with us before knows that you can use whatever shape you want.   But square cards are so fun - because they are unusual and unexpected - that I think you should try one if you haven't before.  So here is my card and the sketch:


I'm getting to the time of year when I start to panic about the number of Christmas cards I've got made, or more importantly, not made.  So I take every opportunity to squeeze one in when I can.  This time around the "dashing through the snow" challenge at Jingle Belles inspired this little snowflake card.  Well documented here, I only like snow when it is a feature on a card.  I have no use for it on the ground!  But I do love my snowflake dies!  I layered a couple here and paired it with some pretty washi tape.  The big sentiment was embossed in silver.

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have some amazing cards to share with you so be sure to check them out.

Supplies
Stamps:  Peace Love Joy (Right At Home)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Snowflake Trio die (amuse studio); Lindemon Snowflake die (Memory Box); silver cord (Stampin' Up!); washi tape

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love your square card sketches! Your holiday card is beautiful! I love the gray with just a hint of color!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love both the sketch and your design, Jen! I have a weakness for snowflake dies and love the way you have layered them.

Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Jen! Love your details and soft color palette...so lovely!

Lisa Elton said...

The Washi and your sparkling snowflake pair perfectly together! This is beautiful Jen!

Ida said...

Very pretty card. Love the layering of the snowflake dies and how you raised the white panels up. It all looks so elegant.

Nora Noll said...

It has been so long since I have been to anyone's blog. I am glad that I did not miss this. This is STUNNING!! I love all your layering!!!

Karren said...

Love this card and I love your sketch! The sentiment is such a standout and that snowflake with the silver cord behind is stunning.

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is such a gorgeous card Jen! I just love it! The snowflakes are spectacular and I love the white background and that sentiment! So pretty! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Kim S said...

Love the sketch and LOVE what you've done with it! Your layered snowflake is so delicate and a beautiful accent to the sentiment.

SmilynStef said...

what an elegant take on the sketch ... so very glad you shared your SNOW-y creation with us at Jingle Belles.

lauren bergold said...

such an amazingly elegant CAS card design; and a great take on the sketch! so pleased you could join our snowy fun at JINGLE BELLES!