Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 430

Hey all.  I hope that you are all healthy and safe.  I'm grateful that I'm able to escape into my stamp room once in a while to make something that (I hope) is pretty and gives me a chance to forget that the world has turned upside down.  To that end my friends at Freshly Made Sketches want to help inspire you to create along with us.  We've got a new challenge debuting today and Jacquie is our hostess.



I substituted that diamond for an oval and did some kind of inverse stamping technique that I'm sure has a name but I have no idea what it is!  I basically stamped the floral image onto two pieces of card stock, then cut an oval out of one of them, then layered the one with the missing oval over the other layer, and popped it up on foam tape so the other images show through.  I'm sure that makes no sense but if you click on the image I'm sure you'll get the gist!

I wanted to do a floral image because I just got this stamp set that has been on my wish list for a while plus the challenge at Challenge Up Your Life is to use flowers.  I love it when two ideas come together!

This card is going to my Mom.  Even though we talk on the phone all the time it's been weeks since I've seen her in person.  I know she loves to get a card in the mail so hopefully this will put a smile on her face.  I know she's bored silly - watching movies all day long can only go so far - so I email her the crossword from the daily newspaper every day.  What a strange world we live in now!

Stay safe everyone. We'll get through this together.

Supplies
Stamps:  Floral Art (Altenew); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Pretty in Pink (Stampin' Up!); Coral Berry, Grapevine, Fresh Leaf, Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Oval Stax 2 die (My Favorite Things)

10 comments:

Amy O said...

I adore this card! I think it is going on my top 5 Jen Mitchell cards ever. Beautiful colors and a cool technique which is perfect for this image.

Nora Noll said...

This is so pretty!! I LOVE that you die cut it the oval and popped up the background. Such a lovely card.

Jacquie Southas said...

Wow,Jen, I love this inverse design so much! It really takes this stunning flower to the next level. Just beautiful.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Jen! I just love that oval cut out and that big, bold flower! Your mom is going to love it! It's so hard for older people especially if they are living alone. The days are so long. A cheery card is definitely a pick me up!

Linda Callahan said...

Well your fancy inverse/outverse stampig technique is beautiful! Lovely card! And yep life is strange these days for sure! Glad you and your mom are still doing ok!

Lisa Elton said...

What a beauty! Your mom will love her happy mail!

Kim S said...

What a fun use of the sketch - so eye-catching with the oval and that big flower! It was great chatting yesterday - love the cats that kept wandering through!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This is so pretty! Your mom is sure to love it. I have been sending lots of happy mail as well. The phrase 'for such a time as this' is kind of apropos for card makers right now!

Cécile RIBON said...

This sketchy outlined flower makes a brilliant take on the sketch, Jen! I love how simple and yet striking your card is. Great CAS design!

Mone said...

beautiful! Thanks for playing at challenge up your life