Monday, December 15, 2014

Christmas Cheer

The other day I checked out the color challenge at Fab Friday and immediately thought there was no way I'd be able to get all those colors onto one card.  Fast forward a few days and I found a (somewhat) new challenge called ShowCASe Your Style that gave me an idea for incorporating all these colors in one card!



I thought the striped layers made a good argument for using the Bermuda Bay and Coastal Cabana.  And those cool colors were a nice contrast to the warm tones of the poinsettia.  I just love how they look together.  The pairing of these colors is a little unexpected, but I really think the stripes draw your eye right in to the focal point.  Lucky for me this wee sentiment fit exactly in the space to the left of the poinsettia.

I think this wraps up my 2014 Christmas card making season.  I sure hope so, especially since it's the middle of the month and I have to get all these cards signed and mailed out!  

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (Technique Tuesday)
Paper:  Kraft (Papertrey Ink); Cherry Cobbler, Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Old Olive (SU)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine); Coastal Cabana (SU)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettia die (Memory Box)

5 comments:

Happy Dance said...

Awesome use of the color palette, Jen! I would have never thought to use them like this. It's a gorgeous card. Totally love it. Bev

Karren said...

You really made these colors work! I couldn't think of anything to do with them so decided to walk away from that challenge. The blue stripes really do draw the eye to the poinsettia. Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Very pretty Jen and a GREAT job combining the challenges!

Deepti said...

This is so very pretty! I love the colors on kraft :)

Amanda Mertz said...

Beautiful! Less is definitely more with this many colors lol! You incorporated them wonderfully! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!