Tuesday, December 16, 2014

colourQ 272

Well, I guess I had one more Christmas card in me!  I thought I was done and then I got this new stamp set in the mail (a last minute Black Friday purchase) and decided that the new palette (inspired by this vintage ornament) at colourQ would be perfect for it.



So I stamped Santa, colored him up and assembled my card using the latest Deconstructed Sketch.  It's been a long time since I've used Poppy Parade and I've got to say I haven't missed it!  It's a little too tomato-y for me.  I like to eat tomatoes, I just don't want them on my cards!


And just pretend that those green sequins are sort of the color of Always Artichoke.  I really wanted to use some enamel dots and wouldn't it figure that I've got a million of them but none were even remotely close to that color.  So I had to settle for some sequins (which aren't the right color either) but I'm pretending that they are!

Well that's it for me.  As usual, the colourQ ladies have cooked up a fine assortment of cards for you to see so be sure to check them out.  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Thanks so much for stopping by and remember you can ignore the stupid "prove your not a robot" code!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Jingle All the Way (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Poppy Parade, Baked Brown Sugar, Always Artichoke, Poppy Parade DSP, Coastal Cabana DSP (SU)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Always Artichoke (SU)
Accessories:  Pierced Rectangle STAX (My Favorite Things); Banner Trio die (WPlus9); Lucky Blend sequins (Avery Elle); Wink of Stella pen

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jen,

Thanks for dropping by at my blog. I absolutely understand the longing to make just that ONE MORE CARD when a new stamp set arrives!

I love this Santa, totally joyful and happy! Wishing you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

And I think you are hosting a wonderful challenge blog. Will definitely visit in the new year!

Deepti said...

This totally rocks the colors :) and Santa is the cutest !

Lisa Elton said...

Santa looks like he's kicking up his heels!! Cute card Jen!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

OH so adorable!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog to say HELLO! And the answer for your question - the tag and leaves dies are both from Papertrey Ink.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Just so cute! No wonder you had to make just one more!!!

Karren said...

Every time I see that adorable Santa, I can't help but smile! Fabulous card!

Sylvia said...

What a fun card, Jen, love your design and that cute Santa! Have a great Thursday!

Jen Shults said...

Jen this is so wonderfully clean and simple, I just love it! Great use of that color palette as well! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super sweet image on the perfect deconstructed sketch!!!!