Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Dragonfly Thanks

Hard to believe it's new year's eve isn't it?  It's funny how time seems to fly (unless it's winter which always seems to drag on) and suddenly you are staring a new year in the face.  I've got some crafty goals that I hope to meet in 2015 - I think I'll be brave and post them here soon because I think it will help me be accountable!

Wednesday's are usually the day where I debut a card that I made using the new sketch from Freshly Made Sketches, but we're on a holiday hiatus so I'm free to indulge myself in other crafty challenges today.  This card is for the Mojo sketch and a recent color challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.



The SCS color challenge was actually to use Hello Honey, but I used Crushed Curry because I had some DSP in that color and I really wanted to use it on my card.  This is also tall and skinny week at Mojo so my card is a slim 3 1/2 by 5 1/2 inches.  I kinda like that size!

I hope that you all enjoy a safe new year's celebration, whatever it is you are doing.  Thanks to everyone who stopped by here and left an encouraging comment over the past year.  I really appreciate your feedback and cherish all the friends that I've made during my crafting journey!  And here's to a super crafty 2015!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Distressed Background Blocks (My Favorite Things); Mini Stamp Thank You (Heidi Swapp)
Paper:  Classic White (Flourishes); Basic Black, Crushed Curry, Welcome Neighbor DSP (SU)
Ink:  Crushed Curry (SU); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Pierced Fishtail Flags STAX, Pierced Circle STAX (My Favorite Things); Pretty Butterflies & Dragonfly die (My Creative Time); black crochet thread

5 comments:

Hannelie said...

You used my favorite colors in an awesome way!
So beautiful!

Deepti said...

Fabulous! Love the layers and colors

Jean said...

Great take on the Mojo sketch - perfect color combo!

Happy Dance said...

Hey Jen. It's really easy to leave honest and positive feedback on your blog because you are a cardmaker extraordinaire! And I'm being totally honest and fully sincere when I say that. A fine example of your skill shows clearly in this card. The perfect amount of black that balances the yellow and patterns. Your composition always draws the eye right to the focal point and then outward to the rest of your design. This is just one lovely example of your talent. Love it! Bev

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful Jen!